Women of O'Melveny
O’Melveny dedicates significant resources to initiatives aimed at retaining, developing, and promoting women at the Firm. Through the collaborative efforts of our women partners, Women’s Affinity Group
leaders, and Diversity and Talent Development personnel, we launched our Women’s Initiative in 2007, starting with the Women’s Leadership Academy.
The Women’s Initiative is the product of an ongoing dialogue within the Firm focused on identifying and addressing issues of particular concern to women at O'Melveny, and in the legal profession broadly. Through an expanding group of programs and policies, the initiative supports women in their professional development as lawyers, fosters a supportive and inclusive environment, and provides opportunities for advancement through partnership and leadership roles within the Firm, and leadership roles in the broader community.
The Women's Initiative:
- Recognizes the critical role of relationships in the professional development experience and in the retention of talent. Its goal is to ensure varied opportunities for women to develop relationships and expand their network, as well as provide forums for discussing challenges, strategies, and solutions for women in the legal profession.
- Creates an environment where women are supported in their efforts to advance, whether through partnership and/or leadership roles at the Firm, leadership roles in the community, or other aspired-to forms of advancement and success.
- Recognizes the role of business development in a successful practice and aims to address women’s specific business development concerns and provide targeted tools for success.
- Guides and supports our efforts to attract and retain top talent from law schools, industry, and other leading law firms.
- Unequivocally reaffirms O’Melveny’s steadfast dedication to the values of excellence, leadership, and citizenship.