Adam G. Cooper
Adam G. Cooper
is an associate in O'Melveny's Century City and New York offices and a member of the Entertainment, Sports & Media practice. He has experience in entertainment, sports, and intellectual property matters, as well as a broad corporate practice that includes mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and general corporate advisory work for entertainment and sports clients.
Adam has worked on matters involving film finance; licensing, production, and distribution of motion picture, television, music, and other entertainment properties; multi-million dollar film and entertainment asset acquisitions; and sports franchise acquisitions. He also has an active pro bono practice, including a variety of entertainment-related matters.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Representing Legendary Pictures in connection with the development and production of motion pictures.
- Representing a multi-billion dollar hedge fund in its on-going investments in a motion picture studio and distribution company.
- Representing a major film studio in its acquisition of another major film studio.
- Advising a talent management company in its potential corporate restructuring.
- Representing Earth Day Network on a pro bono basis in engaging a production company, talent and major corporate sponsors in connection with its annual Earth Day events.
- Representing investors in their potential acquisition of a Major League Baseball franchise.
- Representing an investor in connection with the acquisition of a National Basketball Association franchise.
- Representing a talent agency in drafting its talent representation agreement.
- Representing Hulu in its creation of original content.
- Advising a television production company with respect to intellectual property matters in connection with a reality television series.
2011 O'Melveny & Myers LLP Pro Bono Award Speaker,
"The Business: Recent Developments and New Challenges in Sports, Entertainment and the Law," Duke University Law School Sports & Entertainment Law Society Symposium (March 2012)