Andrew H. Ellis
is a counsel in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Andrew represents public and private corporations, private equity funds, financial advisors, and boards of directors in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and other strategic transactions, including cross-border and distressed M&A.
Andrew also regularly advises clients on federal securities laws compliance, corporate governance matters, anti-takeover measures, venture capital investments, and joint venture transactions.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented Catellus Development Corporation in $5B merger with ProLogis
- Represented Diagnostic Products Corporation in $1.86B merger with Siemens Medical Solutions
- Represented Warner Bros. in its acquisition of Flixster, Inc.
- Represented Wendel Investissement in its acquisition of the Deutsch Group of domestic and international portfolio companies, as well as subsequent “add-on” acquisitions
- Representing DIRECTV in the acquisition of 180 Connect, Inc.
- Represented Advanced Bionics Corporation in connection with its acquisition by Sonova Holding AG
- Represented Houlihan Lokey Howard & Zukin in the transfer of a portion of the shareholders stock to a corporate joint venture in a tax deferred exchange and the sale of the remaining stock to the other joint venture party
- Represented retailer Gottschalks, Inc., in the auction and sale of assets as part of its Chapter 11 proceedings
- Represented Electronics for Imaging, Inc., in its acquisition of the Prism Holdings group of companies