is a counsel in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Investment Funds Practice. Don has extensive experience in advising asset managers and institutional investors in a broad range of fund and securitization related matters with an emphasis on forming private equity, buy-out, mezzanine, debt, real estate and hedge funds, structuring carry vehicles and incentive arrangements, co-investment transactions, spin-outs and CLO/CDO transactions. Don also advises institutional investors and family offices on their investments in a variety of investment vehicles and asset classes.
In 2012, Don was named as one of The Recorder's
50 "Fast Track" lawyers, recognizing California attorneys whose early accomplishments indicate they will be tomorrow's top lawyers and leaders.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Advising a real estate fund manager on the formation of its fourth fund and related co-investment vehicle focused on real estate and real estate-related debt in Japan and China (US$700 mil)
- Advising an alternative asset manager on the formation of its sixth private equity fund focused on middle-market companies in the retail, marketing and distribution industries (US$735 mil)
- Advising the media, entertainment and technology team of an alternative asset manager on the spin-out of their fund management business and the formation of the team’s third private equity fund (US$400 mil)
- Advising an insurance company in connection with the spin-out of its alternative investment management team
- Advising global pension fund manager in restructuring its defined benefit plan portfolio and related separate account arrangements
"CLO Update," published in The Banking Law Journal
(July 2011); "Industry Insight - CLO Restructurings," The Deal
(April 2009) Languages,