is an associate in O’Melveny’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Litigation Department. Mina represents clients on a variety of matters, including criminal and civil litigation in federal and state courts as well as internal investigations.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represent and advise a shareholder in litigation arising from the sale of corporate interests and alleged breaches of fiduciary duties by corporate officers and directors.
- Representing a US publicly traded Chinese fertilizer company in a securities class action alleging violations of the Securities Exchange Act.
- Defending a food products manufacturer in a criminal prosecution and in proceedings before the OSH Appeals Board.
- Representing a university in an internal investigation related to false public reporting of admissions data.
- Representing an investment bank in a congressional investigation into the bank’s role as a financial advisor to a bankrupt solar panel manufacturer that received a government loan guarantee.
- Conducting an investigation, pro bono, into the treatment of inmates in LA County Jails and contributing to a public report outlining needed reforms to the LA Sheriff’s Dept. on behalf of the Citizens’ Commission on Jail Violence.
- Representing, pro bono, a Peruvian immigrant before the Board of Immigration Appeals in ongoing proceedings relating to his application for adjustment of status.
Admitted to Practice,
US District Court, Central District of California; US Court of Appeals, Ninth CircuitExtern,
Honorable Andrew J. Guilford, US District Court, Central District of California