O’Melveny & Myers provides one of the broadest transactional practices of any US-based firm in Singapore. Our Singapore office is the hub for our Southeast and South Asia practices, serving client needs in Singapore, Indonesia, India, Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and elsewhere in the region, and now is among the largest in O’Melveny’s market-leading Asia network.
Our Singapore-based team includes eight (8) 2012 Chambers & Partners ranked lawyers in practice areas spanning pan-Asia insolvency and restructuring; corporate finance; equity and debt capital markets, including high yield; cross-border M&A; and investment fund formation and private equity. The Singapore office also features a renowned Asia dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration team.
We advise on a wide range of innovative and complex U.S. and English law governed matters, and our experienced and diverse Singapore-based lawyers are familiar with the commercial and corporate laws and regulations and speak the languages of virtually every major business jurisdiction in Asia.
Our Singapore office works seamlessly with our Jakarta office
in our wide-ranging Indonesian practice and also acts closely with our leading transactional and dispute resolution practices in Hong Kong, China and Japan.
- Our Restructuring/Insolvency Practice is the only “Band 1” rated practice for Singapore in Chambers Asia Pacific 2012, and Chambers writes that it “is renowned for its transactional prowess and attracts admiration and praise for the quality of its service…[the team has] secured involvement in the majority of the region’s high-profile transactions.”
- Our Investment Funds Practice is a “Band 1” rated practice in Chambers Asia Pacific 2012, and Chambers writes that it “is a top choice when it comes to private equity funds”, and cites sources that say our lawyers “are highly focused and know how the whole business works; a top-tier firm; a great ally to have, with a deep bench and quick response times.”
- Our Banking & Finance Practice is highly rated in Chambers Asia Pacific 2012, and Chambers writes that “this practice handles a raft of complicated structured financings with cross-border elements, and the firm’s well-established expertise in restructuring lends the team extra muscle.”
- Our Capital Markets Practice is highly rated in Chambers Asia Pacific 2012, and is noted for our strength in both equity and high-yield work. We are one of the few firms capable of advising issuers and underwriters in Asia on the full range of US-registered, Rule 144A and Regulation S offerings, as well as on Hong Kong, London, and Singapore listings.
- Our India Capital Markets Practice is highly rated in Chambers Asia Pacific 2012.