Carl Erik Heiberg
Carl Erik Heiberg
is an associate in O’Melveny’s Shanghai office and a member of the Transactions Department. His practice areas include Mergers and Acquisitions, Foreign Direct Investment in China and Private Equity Investment.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- One of the world’s largest fragrance corporations in its acquisition of a majority stake in a leading Chinese skin care company.
- A US publicly listed Chinese R&D outsourcing company for global pharmaceutical companies in its planned acquisition by a US publicly listed American drug R&D company.
- A US publicly listed semiconductor company on the sale of assets in China, as part of the worldwide sale of its broadband access product lines.
- A German semiconductor company on the sale of its interests in a Chinese wholly-owned subsidiary and a Sino-foreign joint venture company.
- A US Fortune 500 company on its acquisition of a public address system business in China.
- A leading international lock company based in Sweden on its acquisition of a China door closer business.
- A Chinese shipping company in reviewing and renegotiating its contracts with a major container leasing company headquartered in the US.
New York Law Clerk,
Honorable Jane S. Solomon, New York State Supreme Court Co-Author,
“China Tightens Restrictions on Foreign Representative Offices,” the China Business Review (September-October 2010). Co-Author,
“Ministry of Culture Issues Comprehensive Regulation on Online Games,” Asia IP (September 2009). Author,
Note, "American Films in China: An Analysis of China's Intellectual Property Record and Reconsideration of Cultural Trade Exceptions Amidst Rampant Piracy," 15 Minn.J.Int'l L.219 (2006). Articles Editor, Minnesota Journal of International Law
Brooklyn Technical High School, Brooklyn, New York (1996-98) Language,