is a partner in O'Melveny's Silicon Valley office and a member of the Tax Practice. Bob has experience advising, structuring, and implementing corporate and partnership acquisitions and dispositions, including taxable and tax-free mergers and stock and asset transactions. Bob also has experience in the formation and financing of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, corporate restructurings and reorganizations and leasing transactions. He has advised start-up companies as well as private and public mid-cap and large international entities.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented a developer of high-technology neurostimulation devices in connection with the sale of all of the stock of the company for cash and deferred payments.
- Represented a large investment company in connection with the sale of a portion of the stock of the company with deferred sale of the remaining stock.
- Represented an internet search company in the acquisition of a competitor.
- Represented several private equity companies in numerous acquisitions of C corporations, S corporations, LLCs and partnerships.
- Represented numerous investors and issuing companies in connection with the issuance of common stock, preferred stock and debt.
Corporate Tax Section, Los Angeles County Bar (former Secretary)Co-Author,
"Anti-Morris Trust Legislation: Common Plan, Plan and Non-Plan Factors, And Letter Rulings," Tax Notes Today
New York University 66th Institute on Federal Taxation (November 2007)Honors,
Recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” by Legal 500 United States